Their brilliant yellow coloration draws the eye directly to these dynamic little shrimp and adds charm and cheer to any aquarium set-up. Neon yellow shrimp look great, clean your tank, and are a blast to watch! They are very active and breed quickly.
Each bag contains at least 5 neon yellow shrimp. We generally ship young adult shrimp that are already of breeding age, though you may receive some juveniles.
Neon yellow shrimp are fairly adaptable creatures that can live in almost any freshwater aquarium with the right water parameters. Younger shrimp may have not reached their full potential yet and will grow into a bright yellow color as long as they are comfortable in the tank. Lower intensity lighting and dark substrate also helps them achieve the most vibrant yellow.
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
– PH level range: 6.0 to 8.0
– Temperature range: 65 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit
– Water type: Soft to hard
– Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Other types of dwarf shrimp (such as Blue Velvet shrimp, Neon Yellow Shrimp, Green Babaulti shrimp, etc.), various types of snails (such as Nerite Snails, Mystery Snails, Sulawesi Snails, etc.). They can also be kept with small to medium-sized, non-aggressive fish (such as danios, guppies, etc.).
– Additional notes: Relatively easy to care for – similar to other dwarf shrimp species. Dwarf shrimp prefer to live in tanks with live aquatic plants (such as java moss, anubias barteri, green cabomba, etc). This is because dwarf shrimp like the cover that plants provide, they love to graze on the plants for algae, and the plants help keep the water clean for them.
- In aquariums without much algae or biofilm, these shrimp should be fed high quality flake and mini pellet dry foods with high algae/spirulina/plant content.
- These are breeding age young adults that will breed in a home freshwater aquarium! They range from 1/2 to 1 inch in length.
- Extremely bright and striking yellow color!
- Dwarf shrimp are very small and are not ideal for aquariums with medium to large-sized fish. Please research dwarf shrimp before purchasing to ensure compatibility with your tank’s inhabitants.